Last updated on June 24, 2019
- By creating a StoryWings Account, and participating either as a Librarian, Assistant Librarian, or Guest, you are agreeing to these Terms of Service.
- The "Librarian" (account owner) of a StoryWings Library is responsible for approval, organization, and deletion of the content as well as the adherence to local, state, national and international law.
- Content is OWNED by the person who contributes it. This is assuming you own it in the first place as the creator, or that you have permission to use it, and that it not owned by someone else already. (You may not use someone else's content without permission if there is an active copyright.)
If you are a guest and contribute content to a StoryWings library you are making it available for all library users so access from within that library. By sharing it you are NOT giving them permission to share it outside of the library without your permission. (This is why there are not social media share buttons in the StoryWings libraries.) You must be asked by all, even the Librarian, if it can be shared. If there is content you may not want shared without your permission (i.e., a story you wrote you want to publish) and it would cause you harm, we recommend that you do not contribute it to a StoryWings library.
- All library "Guests" may create a free StoryWings account and join an unlimited number of libraries as long as they receive invitation links from the Librarians.
- All library "Guests" agree that the content they submit as a guest to a StoryWings library owned by another belongs to that Librarian once it is submitted for their approval. That Librarian has the right to review and approve, or not approve, the content for view of all participants of their library.
- The "Librarian" pays the subscription fee, is owner of the account, and my invite whomever they wish to participate in their StoryWings library (up to 75 participants total per library). The "Librarian" may also designate an "Assistant Librarian" who is allowed administrative privileges but is not expected to pay a subscription fee unless they become the primary owner of the account.
- As "Librarian", you are responsible of ensuring that the content that you approve does not violate local, national or international law. Of particular concern in all web-based forum are the adherence to Copyright and anti-bullying laws.
You and your contributors may add content to your library that is original to you OR narrations of works that are out of copyright. United States Copyright Law prohibits the recording and sharing of borrowed or purchased books that still have an active copyright.
There are many works out of copyright (free, public domain works) which may be narrated and shared. You can find a copy of these works from THESE WEBSITES.
- All participants agree to never sell or share (outside of the StoryWings Library) any contributions not created by you without permission of the original author and the Librarian.
- All content added to audio libraries within StoryWings is private and the Librarian of each audio library has control over who may access it. The StoryWings administration will only access content upon the request of the account owner or a law enforcement agency, or if a complaint is lodged about the content in a specific library.
- StoryWings reserves the right to review content, cancel accounts, or remove stories that have been reported as being inappropriate or illegal. In most cases you would be notified in advance if this were to occur and be given an opportunity to explain why the story(ies) or account should remain.
- StoryWings retains the right to cancel accounts and libraries if the subscription is not paid. We strongly recommend that Librarians assign an Assistant Librarian to whom they give permission to behave as an administrator of the content and who may also take over the library in the event the Librarian is unable to continue.
- As a StoryWings user, you agree to hold StoryWings, and it's parent company, Haswell Associates, LLC, and all of its' officers harmless against any losses relating to your use of StoryWings or to the use of StoryWings by others.
- StoryWings is owned by Haswell Associates,LLC, which were formed in the State of New York, U.S.A.. These disclaimers, terms, and conditions of use are governed by the laws of the State of New York. By using StoryWings, you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Albany, New York, in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of StoryWings.
- StoryWings is a copyrighted product and protected under the United States Copyright Laws. Therefore, you agree to never create a web-based product, or mobile application that collects and distributes content as a private audio library.
- StoryWings reserves the right to change the cost of subscriptions and will provide discounts to current subscribers for a period of time.
- In the unlikely event that StoryWings ceases doing business there will be a grace period when the administrators of each StoryWings library will be notified and will have the opportunity to save all of the stories in their library in a different location.